Women In Defense is a Community of Professionals
WID traces its roots to 1979 when a group of women saw the need for women in the defense industry and military to have a network to expand their knowledge of national security issues and the defense community. Membership in WID is open to professional women and men whose primary professional activities relate to national security. Members are typically from defense companies and other businesses, both small and large; all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, plus federal government agencies; and academia, associations, and professional services. Click here for WID's Membership Brochure. Click HERE to register for WID GA Membership.
Benefits Help Your Career, Your Organization
As a WID Member you can engage with these valuable benefits:
- A framework for networking and introductions to make it easier to meet leading defense and national security professionals at the national and local levels.
- Access to WID's partners, strategic alliances and coalitions such as WIPP, AIA, STEM.
- Educational and professional development opportunities designed with the time constraints of busy professionals in mind.
- A local chapter (no additional dues) to multiply your contacts, expand your knowledge, and showcase your talents by volunteering.
- Chapter membership is a valuable benefit of belonging to WID because of the local business and professional contacts and knowledge available. Members are automatically assigned to the nearest geographic chapter, based on zip code. Chapter membership does not require an additional dues payment.
- Chapters host programs in cooperation with local industry interest or military installations, provide professional development and leadership opportunities, and support community-based charitable endeavors, members of the U.S. Armed Forces, and defense-related educational pursuits. No additional dues payment is required for chapter membership.
- And you can participate in any of our 20 Chapter programs when on travel across the country.
- A list of your WID peers in the Membership Directory and a member pin and card. To view/print your card: login at www.ndia.org/login. You will be asked for your e-mail address and password (temporary password is your last name; for example, Smith). Click “login”; on the next screen, left panel, click "View Memberships"; under “My Membership Information”, click “Download Membership Card”.
- Individual Membership in the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA)—a $40 value. Click HERE to register for WID GA Membership. Member rates at events of WID plus NDIA and its other three (3) Affiliates, saving far more than the price of WID dues.
- A leadership path to give back to the profession through developing educational and networking events, mentoring, or community service.
- A source for scholarships and mentoring women to pursue careers related to U.S. nat> ional security and defense and to provide development opportunities to women already working in these fields: HORIZONS
- Name recognition for yourself and your firm or organization.
- Communications: WID newsletter Network Notes, National Defense magazine and special industry reports.